How to wear your wedding dress... again

So I have to say, I was never very excited about my wedding dress.  I went shopping by myself one afternoon and was so intimidated by the amount of dresses, the cost, the formality of the process... I wanted it to just be done so I picked one out and bought it.  Not one of my better decisions but there it was, a simple ivory halter dress on sale and ready to wear.  I hate shopping, especially for things like this.  Strange maybe since a lot of girls dream about their wedding for years, but for me, once the day finally came to find the dress, I was over it.

Now, I have my dress and I didn't even bother to preserve it.  I literally threw it in the washing machine with some towels and cleaned it the other day.  It's in great shape but really, will my daughters wear this thing?  Probably not.  I'm thinking I may alter it into a strapless cocktail dress, maybe wear it to Vegas with my husband and renew our vows with Elvis.

Here are some pictures of my dress:




So my idea is to turn my dress into something like this (except in an ivory color) which is a little bit more modern and fun.  Plus, like I said, if that trip to Vegas ever happens I will save a load of money on buying a new dress.

Want to know how to do this yourself?  You are brave if you said yes.  Me?  I'll be taking mine to a seamstress but if you'd like to attempt it yourself, try this link.  Step by step (sort of) on how to go from wedding dress to cocktail dress.  Good luck!


Have an idea? Share it here by posting a comment below. Let's all help each other out.
Don't miss our blog party! Every Wednesday with the highlights showcased on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment