DIY Message Board

Need a gift for the mother-of-the-bride, your bridesmaids, maybe a holiday idea for newlyweds?  I made these for my mom and mother-in-law and it cost me $10 each and took about 20 minutes.  Easy!

What you need:
12x12 inch square frame
Any piece of 12x12 inch scrapbook paper (lighter colored patterns work best)
Letter stickers
Flower embellishments (optional)
Yarn
Hot glue gun
Wet or dry erase marker (I prefer wet erase)

What I did:
I opened up the frame and added the scrapbook paper right away because I'm a klutz and I knew that if I had it out unprotected for longer than two minutes I was asking for trouble.  Second, picked out the right stickers and added the words "To Do..." at the top of the frame, outside of the frame on the glass, not on the paper.  Third, I hot glue gunned the flowers in the lower right-hand corner.  Fourth, I took a piece of gray yarn and wrapped it around only the cap of the wet erase marker, securing it with hot glue gun.  I glued the other end of the yarn to the back of the frame.  (I glued only the cap because it's nicer to not have the actual pen part connected to the yarn for easier writing and also when that marker dries up you can buy another one but keep the same pen cap.)


That was it!  Message board complete.  I like the paper idea because for about 80 cents you can change the background of your message board to fit the seasons and holidays.  Got an idea?  Share it at our link party this Wednesday!  Don't miss our blog party! Every Wednesday with the highlights showcased on Saturday.

Linking up to:
Craft-O-Maniac

No comments:

Post a Comment