Wednesday Blog Party #5 plus recipe!

It's the Wednesday Blog Party!

No rules really, grab a button if you'd like- buttons are at the bottom of our site- and make sure to visit at least a couple of other entries (remember, it's a party!) and you can post as many things as you want and if you would follow us, that would be fabulous and you'll never forget to come back for next week's party.

We are looking for anything you got!  Recipes, projects, crafts, decorations, accessories, remodel ideas, games, fashion, music ideas, photo tricks, dress bargains, jewelry, etc.  Bring us your creative ideas and show off your blog.  Highlights will be showcased this Saturday and for possible weekly features including Centerpiece CentsDon't forget to hit that Follow button!

Have an idea? Share it here by posting a comment below. Let's all help each other out.

First, a quick recipe for you.  I usually eat pretty late at night because of my weird schedule.  I don't want a big huge meal right before bed so I have a few light meals I shuffle through during the week.  Here's a new one I discovered with the help of my friend Shannon.

Quick meal for one: 
Rice with tomatoes, sweet onions, and pepper-jack cheese

What I needed:
Instant rice (I used white rice)
1 can of petite diced tomatoes with sweet onions
Pack of shredded pepper-jack cheese

What I did:
I cooked one cup of instant rice, opened and drained some (not all) of the tomato juice from the can.  When the rice was done, I moved into a bowl and then while the stove and pot was still hot, I scooped four big spoonfuls of the tomato/onion mix into the pot.  Let that heat up for a minute, added to the top of my rice, then topped the whole thing with some pepper-jack cheese.  I mixed it slightly and ate it.  Delicious, light, and easy for a quick one person meal.

Alright, get going!  I'm excited to see what you contribute. The party is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment