Make a Barbie dress from a sock

Not directly "wedding" related but pass this on to your sister so she can make one of these and keep your nieces happy at the wedding ceremony.  Hey, it's free to make, why not?

Leave it to a snow day to get me motivated to do a craft.  We got out the big basket of socks without a match.  We have a big basket full of these lonely socks who are without a mate.  Like the toddler socks version of a singles cruise.  So I grabbed a few and gave them a purpose.

Here's what you'll need:
  1. Clean old child's sock
  2. Scissors
  3. Glue
  4. Felt, ribbon, buttons, glitter glue (whatever you'd like to use for decorating your dress)

I cut the toe off of the sock
Then I tried it on the Barbie but realized that I didn't like the bottom hem.  So I took it off, folded the hem under, glued it down and made the bottom the top.
I glued on some details, just stuff I had, in this case green felt and then made a yellow flower for the belt.  I hot glued everything on, making sure it would come off and on the Barbie easily.
The finished product.  100% free and it took me ten minutes.  Doesn't get much easier than that.
Want more dress ideas for your Barbie?  Here's the link for Make a Barbie dress from a sock part 2.

Want more craft ideas for kids? Click here!Have an idea you want to share?  Email me or post your blog link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment