Scrapbook paper saved my weekend

I don't do scrapbooking but I love scrapbook paper.  The prints, patterns, designs, heaviness in the paper, etc.  So I buy it a lot and use it to make last minute birthday cards.  But this weekend, I made two projects with it and it helped me keep on track.  It took me a whopping ten minutes to make and it was free since all the materials I needed (the paper, some tape, an old fridge magnet, and a ribbon) was stuff I had around the house.

On a side note, I had a $75 credit on Amazon and decided to put it towards a new digital camera.  It should be here Wednesday and I'm so excited.  Hopefully this is my last post with blurry cell phone pictures.

Free Bill Holder
I grabbed a piece of 12x12 reversible scrapbook paper.  Folded it, not quite in the middle so that that the pattern would show a little on the top and give me a stronger support for taping it to the fridge.

I used my computer and printer to make the "Bills" label.  Glued that on, grabbed the tape, attached it to the fridge and we're done.


Dirty/Clean Dishwasher Sign
My kids will wake me up at the crack of dawn to ask me if the dishes in the dishwasher are clean.  Yes, they are.  That's why Mommy is so tired, I was up late after you went to bed cleaning up the house.  :)  Thus, the inspiration for my dishwasher sign.  I used the rest of the scrapbook paper that matched my bill holder and grabbed an old fridge magnet left over from the previous owners.  Jumped on the computer again, printed out the labels "clean" and "dirty" and I placed in a ribbon in between the paper and magnet then taped/glued the labels with the scrapbook paper background to each side.  Done.



I made these quickly on a late Friday night in preparation for what I knew would be a very busy weekend.  Paper clutter was starting to pile up, dishes were constantly being washed and put away then dirty again, things were getting a little chaotic in this corner of our home.  I whipped this up and it helped make our weekend plans run a little smoother.

Are you listed in our directory? It's free! List your blog and follow us and you could be featured in an upcoming post. Find the link at the top of our page.

No comments:

Post a Comment