Having a winter wedding? Try this idea.

I was married in February.  In Minnesota.  In a sleeveless dress.  What did I realize the month before my wedding?  How in the heck am I going to stay warm without wearing a ski jacket (which is not the best look in a formal wedding gown.)  My beloved friend Sue made me this gorgeous wrap in dark red velvet with gold and silver beading detail.  It was so warm and beautiful.  My friend Sue is immensely talented and creative, I can barely sew on a button.  So when I saw this, I thought- brilliant!  Even I could do this!



What I would change to make it more of a wrap in stead of a scarf is widen the link of the fleece.  Using a cream color or matching your wedding colors is an easy way to make this your own.  And considering the cost is about $1.50 for each scarf/wrap, you can't really go wrong.  This could be an easy and beautiful gift for your wedding party, mom, mother-in-law, etc.  Here's the link with the how-to instructions.  Now, if I can just remember how to thread my sewing machine...

Here's a similar idea, only applying it to bed pillows.  Now I really wish my sewing machine was working.
Have an idea? Share it here! Let's all help each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment