How to Give Yourself a Manicure

No big surprise that the girl who wrote about how to have a wedding for $500 is a cheapskate, but I'm also practical. I don't mind spending money if it's something I need and I'm getting a valuable service or product for my money, however, I am also a big fan of prioritizing. My parents and my husband's parents were very generous and paid for all of the big stuff we needed at the wedding. I soon realized though that the little leftover detail stuff was going to add up fast and make me very very broke.

So the day before my wedding, I was short on time and cash and needed to prioritize. I ran errands for about 12 hours straight (no joke) and did everything from buy shoes to make the wedding programs. I got my hair cut, I bought a bra, I made a million phone calls and then had to zoom back over to the hotel to shower and dress for the groom's dinner (which I was 45 minutes late to). At the end of the night, I still had a long list of things to do. At midnight, I looked down at my hands and realized I needed a quick manicure. So there I sat, in the lobby of the hotel, applying fake nails and polish to my fingertips. I don't recommend this.


Homedics MAN-150 Style Spa Plus Rechargeable 10 Piece Manicure System with 8 AttachmentsWhat I absolutely do recommend is doing your own manicure. Why not gather all your girls together and make a night of it! Some cheap wine, music, gossip, and nails. Fun!

Click on the link below to get a quick set of directions with pictures on how to do a professional manicure on yourself.  If you have a little extra money, maybe treat yourself to a manicure set like the one pictured.

Quick, easy, cheap - I love it.

How to Give Yourself a Manicure | eHow.com

Have an idea? Share it here! Let's all help each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment